Saturday, March 8, 2008

Welcome to Learning as I go

I am the author of two children’s books. The first book is titled Peter’s Trucks. It was published in 1992 by Albert Whitman and Company and illustrated by Cat Bowman Smith. Currently it is out of print.

My second book is Truck Stuck, illustrated by Andy Robert Davies and published by Charlesbridge Publishing. It was just released last month and I am in the middle of trying to promote it. Because Peter’s Trucks came out so long ago I feel as if I am a first time author again. I really did not do very much to promote PT myself, and Albert Whitman did not do much either, beyond printing a lovely bookmark which I could hand out at school visits. I also had kids at home and was attending art school part-time and was not as free as I am now to devote my efforts to building my writing career.

This blog will be a record of what I am doing to promote my published work and what I learn along the way.

No comments: