Saturday, May 29, 2010

Natalie Rompella & Good Blogging Advice

Back in February, Natalie Rompella, an SCBWI-IL member (and new mother) shared some good advice about how we SCBWI-IL members can support each other's blogs. She had four suggestions:

  • 1. Post others' blog addresses on your blog. Kind of if you love my blog, you'll also love her blog.
  • 2. Click the follow button on others' blogs (not your own as I all of a sudden became a follower of my own blog!)
  • 3. Commenting on others' blogs. There's nothing worse than pouring your heart out into your blog and finding that no one seems to be reading it. :)
  • 4. Letting people in other facets of your life know about blogs you think they'd enjoy.
She also had these suggestions about how to spread the word about your own blogs:

  • send a link to your friends through your regular email or through your blog inviting them to view
  • share the link on Facebook
  • share the link on Twitter

Here are Natalie Rompella's blogs and website:
I have been hoarding her posting on the SCBWI-IL list serve until I had a chance to put it to use. Now I can clear one more email from my over-full, but shrinking in-box.

No comments: